Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sensory Overload

I have get this out there, I love food with the most ridiculous passion. There, perhaps, may be a lot of restaurant reviews and stories to share here.

I'll start with my favorite hookah bar ever, Harem, located in Ahwatukee just south of Tempe. Don't get this confused with Harem Nights, an event at another hookah bar in Tempe. I've been going to Harem regularly for the last couple of years. The owner is awesome and always gives my friend and I a discount, so we think. Over the course of going there, they upgraded to having a liquor license and serving food. We began to incorporate a glass of red wine with our usual pomegranate shisha. One night we decided to try their food and, under the urgings of the owner, we also purchased a whole bottle of wine.We had a feast! We could not stop talking about the euphoria we were feeling. That's gotta be one of the best food-drink-hookah experience I've ever had in my life.


Here you can see the wine bottle and glasses (which are gorgeous by the way), the hookah, our platter of pita, humus, olives, and two of their extremely tasty salads. I must go back and relive that paradise!


And below is a photo of one of the beginning stages of my visits to Harem to give you a view of their awesome patio. I'm also trying on my cousin's sexy glasses. There will surely be more photos and stories about this place to come.

No comments: